Internship Opportunities at MDC Museum of Art + Design
The Museum of Art + Design has three positions available at the Freedom Tower for the Spring 2019 Semester. This position is for 10 weeks. Student Applicants will gain experience and knowledge in the various areas of Museum administration while assisting staff with projects relative to assigned department.
- Curatorial: Works with the assistant director or the director directly. Focuses on curatorial assistance, administrative assistance, idea creation, social media, or other tasks as needed.
- Registration: Works with our registrar. Focuses on the museum collection.
- Exhibition Prep: Hands-on help with exhibition prep. Works with our main preparator.
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Previous museum or gallery experience is an asset, but not required.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week; 20 hours maximum.
Applicants should be energetic and motivated, organized and detail oriented, collaborative yet be able to work independently. Priority will be given to members of the 2018 The Humanities Edge Cohort.
Relevant Undergraduate/GRADUATE Majors: